Tuesday, January 11, 2011

baby shower cookies


My friend Sue had asked me to make cookie favors for a baby shower that she was hosting, and we decided that onesies and teddy bears would be perfect.  I ended up making three batches of my favorite homemade sugar cookie recipe - this made about 60 cookies, since she needed 24 favors and each favor would have one of each cookie, and I always make extra to allow for mess-ups!


Since the baby shower invitations were done in lavender, I went with that color theme for the royal icing.





I had bought little cellophane favor bags to package them in, but the onesie cookies were too big and wouldn't fit!  So I had to resort to using ziplock sandwich bags with the "ziplock" cut off.  Then I tied them with raffia and a custom tag (thanks to my husband for staying up late and helping me package them!).

6 comments:

  1. Oh they look so cute...
    perfect for a baby shower...
    and looks so yummy too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so cute! I've been itching for a reason to make sugar cookies to design :) Oh and I saw your Macarons..I've been meaning to try making those again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What recipe do you use for the royal icing, if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Culinary Couture - i use the royal icing recipe from peggy porschen's "pretty party cakes":
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307337073/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=iheartbaking-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0307337073

      Delete