Sunday, October 27, 2013

firetruck birthday cupcakes


I'm so sorry for the lack of posts lately!  All I can say is that it's been a crazy past several weeks, and I've been working on an exciting project that I can't wait to share with you more in the next coming weeks!  But more on that later! :) For now, let's talk firetrucks!

Last month, a mom from my daughter's preschool asked me to make cupcakes for her son's birthday. He absolutely loves firetrucks, so we decided that I would make firetruck cupcakes!


After I baked up three dozen chocolate cupcakes, I topped them with a tangy cream cheese frosting, using a Wilton 1M tip to pipe a pretty rose design.


Then I set about piping the firetrucks on top of the cupcakes.  First I divided frosting for the colors I would need - red, black, yellow, and white.


Then using a Wilton #3 tip, I used red frosting to pipe little rectangles (with a notch in the middle) on each cupcake. Then using the same sized tip, I used yellow frosting to pipe the ladder on the side of each firetruck.  Next, I used a slightly larger round tip (Wilton #5) with black frosting to pipe the wheels. And for the final touch, I went back to the #3 tip with white frosting to pipe a dot on each wheel, and a small square for the window.


Despite the fact that they looked like one of my kids drew them, I thought they turned out pretty cute!  And I love the fact that you can eat the entire cupcake, without having to peel off fondant or that type of thing. (Actually, I love to pipe frosting on cupcakes instead of using fondant cut outs - see my Hello Kitty cupcakes, dinosaur cupcakes, duckie cupcakes, jack-o-lantern cupcakes, spiderman cupcakes, thanksgiving turkey cupcakes, etc ...)


Happy Birthday, Ethan! Hope you had a fun birthday party and enjoyed all the firetrucks!

9 comments:

  1. So cute, the little one must have been so happy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The details are awesome and love these cure Firetruck cup cakes..

    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, your frosting is piped perfectly!
    I am way too jealous, I can never get it like that. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Kayla DErcole - aw, you're so sweet! thank you!

      Delete
  4. Made these for my little nephew and he absolutely adored them! The cupcake itself is very light and moist. Definitely a staple recipe to have.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Eiman - I'm so glad he loved them! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  5. The details are awesome and love these cure Firetruck cup cakes..We offer everything from basic wedding cakes to elaborately designed cakes with sugar flowers. We have basic and filled cupcakes.

    Cake toppers

    ReplyDelete