Saturday, December 14, 2013

purple hello kitty birthday cake


My daughter's fourth birthday is coming up in a few days, and I recently realized that I never got around to posting last year's cake!  Maybe it's because I thought the cake was just, meh, and it was nothing spectacular.  Or maybe it's because I baked and decorated it in a rush the day of her birthday, and I didn't have time to properly photograph it.  In any case, she had asked for a purple Hello Kitty cake, and that is what she got!



I still remember how cute she was that day; she wanted to "be a princess" and wear her pink tutu all day. She even got to lick the spatula after I finished making the whipped cream frosting!


I used the whipped cream frosting to fill and frost three layers of  homemade chocolate cake, for a very light and moist 6-inch layer cake.


After the top and sides of the cake were frosted, I finished it off with a shell border.


Then I piped a mini Hello Kitty face, and a birthday message for the birthday girl!


Since my little girl loves sprinkles, I threw some heart-shaped ones on along the shell border.


I kind of regretting adding the sprinkles though, it just all seemed to clash with the cake. But of course that was Melodie's favorite part. :)


Stay tuned for the cake I end up making for her this year - she has already placed her request!

1 comment: